Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services – Get Help

Types of Legal Issues

We only give legal advice or representation for civil legal issues.  Civil legal issues are areas such as family law (divorce, parenting plans, child support, etc), protection orders, wills and estate matters, landlord-tenant, and some employment or consumer issues.


Housing Justice Project: for evictions and landlord-tenant problems

In Thurston County, low income people being evicted can be represented in court by one of our volunteer attorneys. “Unlawful Detainer” (eviction) hearings are held on Friday Mornings. If you are low income and being evicted, be at court at 8:30am.

Also on Friday mornings at 8:30 a.m., there is a legal clinic for anyone under 200% of Federal Poverty Level who is having issues with their landlord. You do not have to be threatened with eviction to come to this clinic.

Crime Related Issues

If your legal issue is related to a crime, these are the numbers to call for information on getting someone to represent you:

Grays Harbor Superior Court (360) 249-3842
Mason County Public Defense (360) 427-9670
Pacific County Superior Court (360) 875-9351
Thurston County Office of Assigned Counsel (360) 754-4897
JillGet Help